- Trim patterned paper or cardstock to 6" x 6". You will need two pieces
- Score both pieces at 1" across top, and at 1 1/2" on sides and bottom.
- Fold over top of both pieces. This will be the flap at the top of the luminaria. Use scissors to trim if desired.
- Fold the scored 1 1/2" lines to crease and fold toward patterned side.
- On the first sheet, cut out two bottom squares (one on left and one on right) where score lines meet.
- On the second sheet, make a on the side score lines, going up to the score line at the bottom of the paper, creating two flap.
- Use Jack-o-Lantern punch in center square.
- Adhere flaps under the bottom of the long flap.
- Adhere the bottom flap of the first sheet to the bottom of the second sheet. No seams should show.
- On the first sheet, add adhesive to side flaps (on non-patterned side). (Note: Do not allow adhesive to go all the way to top of sides of it will stick when you try to tuck the sides into the top.)
- Fold up bag so that the sides with adhesive are on inside of bag. (Note: The folded-over top edge of the front half of the bag will slide right under the folded-down edge of the back half of the bag.)
- Use Petal Roller or tweezers to curl up ends of diamonds.
Download PDF (Printable)