Hi Robin, I was in the Indianapolis store over the weekend and purchased the Martha Stewart Scoring Board. I saw a demonstration on making a rosette, but would like instructions on making the gift bag. Thanks, Geri
— Geri, IN on Nov 14, 2011
The little jack-o-lantern bags are the smaller version of the gift bags.
Here are the instructions for the larger bag. The score lines and sizes are different, but the assembly process is very similar to the smaller versions made in stores:
1. Score two 12" x 12" sheets of paper at 2" across top, and at 3" on other three sides.
2. On both sheet, fold over the top of the paper at the 2" score line.
3. Fold the other scored lines to create a crease and towards the inside (opposite direction of fold at top)
4. On first sheet, cut out the bottom two square where the score lines intersect.
5. On second sheet, make a cut going up the bottom two sides, but stop where the lines meet the score line going across the bottom.
6. Glue the two open flaps under the long flap.
7. With the side of the bag laying flat, glue the bottom half of the side. (Note: do not glue all the way to the top or it will stick when you try to tuck it into the top)
8. Tuck the side that has glue on it underneath the folded flap of the other piece and tuck it in all the way so it's flush on the outside. Repeat on other side.
9. Punch two holes in top for ribbon handles.
10. Add embellishments if desired.