I'm confused about inks for stamping on cards. What kind of ink pad should I purchase...regular ink or pigment ink? Kathy
— kathy, CO on May 18, 2011

The ink pad you choose depends on how you're planning to use it. For example, if you want to emboss on your cards, you'll want to use a pigment ink. Pigment inks include VersaColor, VersaFine, VersaMagic, Inkadinkado Pigment inks, VersaMark, just to name a few. Basically these inks stay wet longer so you can add your embossing powder and heat. You can also use dye inks for stamping. These inks include Archival Inks, StazOn, and Inkadinkado Dye inks. These are fast-drying, water proof inks, and do not work as well for embossing. There really is no right or wrong ink to use for card-making. Just remember, pigment inks work best for embossing. We offer a Stamping Basics class in our stores, which is a great resource for beginners and advanced stampers alike. The class will walk you through the different types of stamps and inks. Hope this helps!