What are options for embossers - I don't know what they are called, you roll the paper through the machine with different design plates. What should I look for when choosing one?
— HAHG in GA, GA on Mar 03, 2011

There are a few options out there, it's just a matter of what you're looking to do. The video below shows off the Texture Boutique, which the machine that ONLY dry embosses and creates a raised look on cardstock, patterned paper, etc. You can also use die cutting machines, such as the Vagabond or Big Shot, to dry emboss. With a die cutting machine, you can also use dies to cut out alphabets, shapes, and borders, just to name a few. The texture folders (the plastic piece that creates the design) come in all sorts of fantastic patterns and designs and can be used with the Texture Boutique and with die cutting machines.